Skills Support for the Workforce
A Free-of-Charge* Skills Training Solution for Businesses
‘Skills Support for the Workforce’ is a new initiative for small and medium sized (SME) businesses in. It offers fully-funded training and qualifications to support lesser-skilled individuals improve their career opportunities and their existing skills and knowledge through work-based learning. The Skills Support for the Workforce programme is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and co-financed by the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) so training is free.
In Northamptonshire area the contract is being delivered by business support experts, Exemplas, in partnership with local public and privately funded training providers in the Northamptonshire Area.
What can the programme offer you?
The Skills Support for the Workforce programme offers a range of unitised programmes tailored to meet the needs of you, the employer to overcome skills gaps and shortages within your workforce. The programme will work with you to analyse your business needs and identify training programmes/ qualifications specifically for any identified individual employee, to improve their skills and competency, and the training can be delivered in the work place to minimise time off the job.
What are the benefits for your organisation?
- Improved workforce skills
- Increases employee motivation and staff retention
- Improves employee productivity and effectiveness
- Has an impact on the bottom line, through increased profitability
- Leads to better business practices
- Flexible choice of learning units
- On or off site training, delivered at a time and place to suit you
- Content tailored incorporating your business objectives and key corporate messages if required
- Free of charge.
What are the benefits to your employees?
- Opportunity to learn new and relevant skills
- Sense of worth and value within the workplace
- Improved performance
- Increased personal development
- Career growth and progression, including the opportunity to move onto intermediate and higher apprenticeships.
What skills areas are covered?
Is my business eligible?
You must be:
- A Small or medium sized business, employing up to 250 employees
- Based within the Northamptonshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Area
- A private sector organisation
Who in your workforce is eligible?
- Anyone aged 19 years or over
- Individuals who have not achieved 5 GCSEs at grades A-C or who have not achieved higher than a Level 2 qualification in the same subject as the training to be undertaken.
- Currently employed by an SME based within Northamptonshire, working 16 hours or more per week
If you would like to up-skill both new and long-serving employees, to a standard that will ensure they add maximum value to the business, enhance their skills and make them feel valued as an employee, submit your details here